Do you have wrinkles, fine lines, age and sun spots, uneven skin tone or even scarring on your face? MesoPen Micro Needling is one of our newest and most talked about services that can help turn back the hands of time!
During the procedure, tiny needles create controlled micro-injuries to the skin which triggers the natural production of collagen and elastin with minimal epidermal damage. Each treatment is administered using an individually packaged needle cartridge that features a patented silicone sleeve which prevents cross-contamination of the pen, ensuring the highest safety for both the user and you. The procedure creates superficial micro-channels which allow better absorption of topical gels, creams and serums.
Thirty minutes before your treatment, your technician will apply an anesthetic cream to your face for maximum comfort during the procedure. A typical MesoPen treatment takes 15-30 minutes.
What to Consider
Immediately after your treatment, your skin will be very red, which may last up to 4 days. However, some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours. You will notice an immediate “glow” to your skin and visible changes will occur over the course of several days and weeks. Collagen production will continue for up to six months after the treatment.
We recommend a series of 4 treatments, each spaced about 4 weeks apart. Some patients may require less treatments while those with deep wrinkles or acne scars may need more treatments.
How to Prepare
To get the most out of your MesoPen Micro Needling treatments, you should:
- Take off all make-up and remove any skin products from your face before your procedure
- Avoid sun exposure for a couple of days after treatment and wear sunscreen if necessary
- Do not apply skin products that contain preservatives or chemicals for 24 hours
Ready to regain the flawless complexion of your youth? Schedule your FREE consultation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it compare with other procedures?
- Our MesoPen technology prevents skin damage caused by other “roller” types of microneedling.
- Fractional laser resurfacing burns the epidermis while microneedling does not.
- Skin tightening lasers have longer recovery time as heating and burning of the skin layers is part of the treatment process.
- Intense Pulse Light, or Fotofacial is more expensive and somewhat riskier.
- We provide anesthetic cream for your comfort before the procedure.
- Home devices are not as powerful and therefore do not work as well. They are more appropriately a supplementary option in adition to clinical microneedling.
What can I expect after a few treatments?
- Expect about a 90% hair reduction from 6 treatments over a 9 to 15 month period.
- Each session takes 5 minutes to 1 hour depending on the body area.
- The interval between treatments is 4 weeks for head, 8 weeks for torso and lower body areas.
What Do I Need To Do Before & During My Treatment?
- PAIN – Tell us to stop the procedure if pain is more than 4 on a scale of 10during treatment. Most patients feel pain scale of 2 to 3.
- If the treatment area is face, preferably come with your makeup off.
- Do not use on treatment areas: any skin lightener, exfoliation products or bleaching creams 2 days before and 2 days after treatment or until all pinknesshas subsided.
- Do not apply any creams, lotions or deodorant on the area to be treated prior to treatment.
- Notify us of any change in medications or medical history since last visit –egPregnancy or new tattoos or moles (on the area of treatment).
Does it Work?
However RESULTS WILL VARY & CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.
Generally speaking, after 4 Treatments, you should see & feel noticeable results!
Does it Hurt?
No. It should not.
Pain / Discomfort – Many pts describe the sensation as ‘warm heat sensation’ or snap of a rubber band with pain scale of 2 to 3. It is your responsibility to inform us if your pain during the procedure is more than 4 on a scale of 10. 1 being the least and 10 being the worst pain you ever had.
What Do I Need to Do After My Treatment?
- After you leave the clinic, if there are any problems in the next 24 hours, please contact the clinic immediately especially if pain or burning sensation at level 4 or more and is not improving OR if a burn or a blister formation has occurred.
- After treatment, avoid direct sun exposure or tanning on treated area for 3 days to prevent complications.
- Use Sunscreen – Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher is highly recommended.
- To wash, use tepid water and mild soap. Do not use hot water on freshly treated areas until pinkness has subsided.
- Please note the important risks of this procedure – Scarring & Discoloration that can be permanent.
- FOLLOWING THESE IS IMPORTANT FOR BEST RESULTS
What are the Main Risks & Complications?
The 3 main risks are:
- Skin Infection (hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation)
- THESE CAN BE PERMANENT