Never shave again! Stop wasting time with shaving and waxing! Laser hair removal gets rid of unwanted hair FOREVER!
Laser hair removal uses specially designed laser technology to permanently remove unwanted hair. The laser emits a gentle beam of light over the area where you want the hair removed. The light destroys the hair follicle, preventing any future hair growth. Only the hair follicles will absorb the light, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed and undamaged.
Once a hair follicle is destroyed, it cannot regenerate or produce new hair … ever! That’s why laser hair removal is a PERMANENT solution to the problem of unwanted hair.
What to Consider
Despite what you may have heard, the pain associated with laser hair removal is quite minimal. Many people do not feel the treatments at all. If you do experience a sensation, it will feel similar to a rubber band lightly popping against your skin. Our rule of thumb is, if it hurts, tell us! We can readjust our machine to make the experience as pleasant as possible for you.
How to Prepare
For the best laser hair removal results, you should:
- Shave the area to be treated the day before or the day of treatment
- Avoid tanning and self-tanners four weeks before and two weeks after your treatments
- Avoid bleaching, waxing or tweezing the area at least 4 weeks before the treatments
Ready to start living life hair-free? Schedule your FREE consultation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it compare with other procedures?
- It’s permanent.
- Shaving is time-consuming and causes painful-razor burns
- Waxing & tweezing likewise is painful and the hair keeps coming back.
- Electolysis is painful and has the same issue that it must be done on an ongoing basis.
- Home devices are not as powerful and therefore do not work as well. They are more appropriately a supplementary option in adition to clinical laser hair removal.
Why should I choose American Laser Med Spa?
We Offer Top of the Line Equipment, A Well-Trained and Professional Staff, Maximum Results, 0% Interest Financing & We Are Dedicated to Your Delight!
“Easily one of the best customer service experiences I’ve ever encountered. The staff was very professional, friendly, informative and above they made me feel like they genuinely cared about my health and well being. I’ll be back! Thank you.
What Do I Need To Do Before & After My Treatment?
- Shave the areas to be treated for on the day of or 1 day prior to your treatment.
- NO TANNING
- Also No waxing, tweezing, or bleaching those areas 4 weeks before laser treatment.
- After treatments – avoid sun exposure for a couple of days
Does it Work?
- However RESULTS WILL VARY and you may still have few stray hairs
- Generally speaking, after 6 Treatments, you should be HAIR FREE & won’t have to shave, wax or bleach again ever!
- 90% – 95% hair reduction is considered success
- Usually it takes 6 Treatment done over 6 to 12 months period
- Each Session takes from 5 min. to 1 hour (depending on the body area)
- The Interval between treatments varies –
- Every 4 weeks for Head
- Every 8 weeks for Torso & Lower Body
What Can I expect?
- Expect about a 90% hair reduction from 6 treatments over a 9 to 15 month period.
- Each session takes 5 minutes to 1 hour depending on the body area.
- The interval between treatments is 4 weeks for head, 8 weeks for torso and lower body areas.
- Generally speaking, after your 6 sessions, you should be HAIR FREE & won’t have to shave, wax or bleach again ever!
- You may still have a few stray hairs.
Does it Hurt?
No. It should not.
- The procedure should not be painful.
- Expect pain at 2 to 3 level on a scale of 10. 1 being the least and 10 being the worst pain you ever had.
- Most people say it feels like a snap of a rubber band or a warm heating sensation.
- If your pain is more than 4 during treatment, tell us to STOP!
Can I Tan while undergoing Laser Hair Removal?
- Tanning will result in a Burn
- Tanning changes the color of the skin causing it to absorb the laser light intended for the hair follicle thus decreasing efficacy and increasing risk of burns
- Avoid tanning 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the treatment
Why Do Results Vary?
The 3 Main Reasons Are –
- Skin Color – Light skin vs Dark skin
- Hair Color – Black hair vs Blonde hair
- Hair Type – Coarse hair vs peach fuzz
- Several other factors are – Age, Sex, Genetics, Heredity, Hormonal Changes etc. Therefore
- RESULTS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED
What are the Main Risks & Complications?
The 3 main risks are
- Discoloration (hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation)
- ALL THESE CAN BE PERMANENT